YONNEL Fashion Show
Although I am studying social work at the University, Fashion using African prints to create contemporary designs have been my passion. The fashion show is an opportunity to exhibit these designs which will show that African fabrics can be worn by anybody from various cultural back ground. To spice up the event and to promote collaborative working with other Universities, I have invited the De Montford University jazz band, the popular DMU gospel band that featured Britain's got Talent in 2018. There is also buffet that would include various African dishes that will cater for all taste. I also have models from various background which will promote community cohesion.
A bit about myself
My name is Kanayo Njideaka, a student of Social Work at the Anglia Ruskin university. I am also the CEO of Yonnel fashion UK. I have as my MC for this event - Carol Leeming MBE who will anchor the event. My models and team runners are volunteers.
Where will the money go?
- I am trying to raise the £1000 to fund for the following
- Pay for the decoration of the technical support (lighting and sound technicians - estimate £500)
- Cost expenses for performance, photography and video - £500 inclusive
- £25 - Personalised thank you email
- £50 - Shout out on the night by the MC and a copy of the video
- £100 - Free front row ticket with personalised gift from Yonnel and a copy of the video